Keeping your eyes looking healthy and beautiful can be a daily struggle. The team at Fountain has assembled an “all you need to know” eye care routine to help you keep your eyes looking bright and fresh!
Fun eye facts
- You blink 12 times a minute.
- The muscles in the eyes are the most active in your entire body.
- Eyes are the most complex organ after the brain.
- Your eyes can get sunburned (making sunnies doubly important).
- Humans can distinguish more shades of green than any other color.
Eye care: why it is important to take care of the skin around the eyes
The skin under the eyes is some of the thinnest skin on body, at almost one-tenth the thickness of the skin on the face! Because of this thinness there is so little oil produced under the eye, the likelihood of dehydration is increased as well as the likelihood of signs of premature ageing.
Lack of sleep, high salt intake, stress and alcohol all result in puffy eyes, especially in the morning when fluid is retained. Puffiness usually gets better throughout the day as fluid is redistributed throughout the skin.
Recommended: Fountain Expression: Multi-Vitamin Eye Serum. A hydrating serum full of antioxidants and vitamins that make the skin look brighter and more youthful.
Are caused when the blood vessels start to show through the skin, resulting in a bluish tint. Dark circles are caused either by fluid leaking from the capillaries and pooling under eyes, giving that bruised effect, or from nasal congestion which dilates and darkens the veins that drain from the eyes to the nose. Dark circles can be hereditary or caused by not getting enough sleep.
Recommended: Fountain Perfection: Dark Circle Eye Cream. A nourishing cream designed to actively stop dark circles and bags forming in the first place, while deeply hydrating the skin.
Check out our range of Fountain products that can help you keep your eyes looking great!
- Use an eye cream that is rich in antioxidants and vitamins.
- Reduce salty foods and alcohol.
- Use a peach-toned concealer to hide dark circles.
- Use white eyeliner on the bottom lid of the eye for a brighter, more radiant look.
- Use an ice pack or cucumber slices over the eyes to reduce the swelling.
- Get more sleep!