Matrixyl Synthe’6 regulates cell activity | repairs wounds | remodels collagen tissue
Matrixyl Synthe’6* is a hard-working wrinkle filler. It evens out skin relief and smooths wrinkles from the inside by rebuilding the skin where it is needed, particularly on the forehead and crow’s feet.
Matrixyl Synthe’6* stimulates six major constituents of the skin matrix and the dermal-epidermal junction.
6 major constituents of the skin
1. Collagen I – the primary component of the dermis.
2. Collagen III – collagen produced in the earliest phases of wound healing, before type I collagen synthesis initiation.
3. Collagen IV – interacts with keratinocytes, which induce epidermal cell proliferation immediately after a skin injury.
4. Fibronectin – a glycoprotein that has a role in the stimulation and acceleration of in vivo tissue repair.
5. Hyaluronic acid (HA) – is thought to facilitate wound repair and also improve skin moisture and elasticity. HA has a demonstrated ability to promote the delivery of active ingredients to the inner layers of the skin.
6. Laminin-5 – alongside proteoglycans and collagens, laminins are essential components of the basement membrane. Laminin-5 anchors the epidermis to the dermis. It also regulates keratinocyte migration, facilitating the healing of injured epidermis.
Fountain Ideal Moisture is a moisturiser suitable for sensitive skin containing Matrixyl Synthe’6. It stimulates aged skin cells and acts as a safeguard against dryness and sun damage.
*Matrixyl Synthe’6 is palmitoyl tripeptide-38, a peptide produced from derivatives of the amino acids lysine and methione sulfone (the latter is synthetic). Palmitoyl tripeptide-38 is a matrikine-mimetic compound that regulates cell activity, wound repair, and collagen tissue remodelling.